Dienstag, 25. Dezember 2012

Frohe Weihnachten!

I have to tell you, I wasn't excited about Christmas AT ALL. You have to know though, that I'm usually very excited about Christmas. I feel like a three year old that cannot sleep on Christmas Eve cause she's too excited. Man, excited is a nice word!

In Germany this is how we celebrate Christmas: There is no Christmas Eve and no Christmas Morning. We celebrate and open presents on Dec 24th. In my family, we have a nice small breakfast, for lunch we eat chicken soup with rice and celery salad (the best!). My sister takes part in the nativity play at church so we go and watch it. After church we go home, have some coffee and cookies and try to be super patient. My sister doesn't but she is eight, she does not have to be patient, right!? THEN FINALLY we get to see the Christmas tree with all the presents under it. And open them.

As I said before, I wasn't excited about Chritmas, meaning I wasn't in the mood for celebrating or seeing my family OR EVEN opening presents. Lame, huh? But everything turned out so nicely. I even cried over one present! I got tickets to see a favourite German band called SEEED and I haven't expected to get these as I knew the concert was sold out. So yeah for that! I got some gift vouchers for book stores, Nespresso and Fossil. I even got a book that I wanted to read for so long now but haven't yet: The Hunger Games.

I hope you all had a nice Christmas yourself with all your loved ones!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Your christmas sounds lovely. We don't really celebrate christmas eve or morning here too but we just kind of celebrate christmas the way we want to. Some years it's with your significant other/your in laws, some years it's with your own family because that significant other turned out to be a douchebag. This year was just family and it was the best. Nothing beats good food, spending time with your loved ones and getting presents!

    AntwortenLöschen